I've been maintaining this blog (for better or for worse) over the last eight years. Over these years, its natural evolution has led it into becoming something of a niche place for discussion of music in general and Qawwali in particular. Rather than trying to return my existing blog to its pre-Qawwali eclectic roots, I decided I’d start anew on Tumblr. So if you’re interested in music, Qawwali and subcontinental culture, keep reading/listening/watching/commenting here. For all of the above and everything else under the sun, head on over to my Tumblr page .

Saturday, March 28, 2009

...Of Prez And Lady Day

  I've heard lots of people play tenor Sax, but nobody's played it better than Lester "Prez" Young.

  I've heard tons of jazz singers, but nobody's sung with more feeling than Billie Holiday.

  I've seen hundreds of videos on Youtube, but I doubt if any one of them's more hauntingly brilliant than this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment